Friday, August 12, 2011

Is it ok to use my charger now?

Ok so a couple of weeks ago i began having trouble with my toshiba 120 watt ac adapter charger. I would have to position the prong a certain way in order for it to take a charge. and then smelled burning plastic. I took it up to geek squad and they i needed a new dc jack (charger port) and proably a new charger totalling up to almost 300 hundred dollars. i hadnt used my charger for 2 weeks and left i unplug and my computer completely off and today i decided to test it out again. I plugged in the charger and i didnt have to position it a certain way and ive been monitoring the coating around the prong to see if its getting extremely hot like it had been. i dont not smell the burning scent anymore and the charger is at best warm. Its normal and its charging. is this some technical fluke/miracle and im all set to use my charger or is it doing more damage?

No comments:

Post a Comment